[VPN] Windows 2003 VPN

Tait Humphries humphrie at wfubmc.edu
Fri Oct 24 15:01:04 EDT 2003

Does anyone have experience using the VPN offered through Windows 2003?
We currently have Nortel VPN (IPSec) but we are wanting to check the
remote PCs anti-virus, patch level... I know there are ways to do this
via our Nortel solution but I have been asked to research the
possibility via 2003 - there appears to be a way to do this in 2003
"Network Access Quarantine Control" - Do you have any recommendations on
this OR on using Windows as your VPN server in general?  I have
reservations about relying on Microsoft for VPN security - (maybe I'm
just paranoid - if not please include URL links to facts about any real
concerns with the way Windows VPN).  - I seem to recall an issue with
their IPSec DES

Thanks,
Tait Humphries