[VPN] Netscreen to Cisco client/server VPN?

Andrew Prince Andrew.Princee at TrinitySecurity.como
Thu Nov 20 18:26:33 EST 2003

Jim,

As I have also experienced - you probably won't find a client that will work
with other vendors, despite of the standards.  I would think you are better
off at this stage of creating a local IPSEC policy for the user - I tested
this using L2TP.  Then use this policy as a "generic, connect to all"

HTH
Andy.

-----Original Message-----
From: vpn-bounces+andrew.prince=trinitysecurity.com at lists.shmoo.com
[mailto:vpn-bounces+andrew.prince=trinitysecurity.com at lists.shmoo.com] On
Behalf Of Jim Dueltgen
Sent: 20 November 2003 21:16
To: vpn at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: [VPN] Netscreen to Cisco client/server VPN?

Hi folks,

I'm currently slogging through the archives but I'm hoping someone
has a quick answer for me.  I've got a road warrior type user who
needs to connect (not simultaneously) from a Win2K laptop to both a
Cisco (3000 I believe) and NetScreen (5XP running the 4.x firmware)
VPN server.  He currently has the Cisco VPN client installed.  Since
the Cisco VPN Dialer and NetScreen Remote clients don't seem to play
nicely with each other when they're both installed I'm wondering if
anyone has had any success using either client (Cisco or NetScreen
Remote) to connect to both server types and if so if you have a
recipe or config examples to share.  I see lots of interoperability
testing for VPN server-to-server connections but I'm not finding any
relevant information about client-to-server interoperability.  Any
help, including, "It can't be done, you bonehead," would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Jim Dueltgen
LMi.net