[VPN] Neophite question

David Pierson davepier at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 17 06:17:30 EST 2003

My first thought would be the "Use default gateway on remote network" checkbox, which on my system is in the TCP/IP Settings popup in the Dial up Networking properties for the connection. This controls traffic that isn't directly aimed at the VPN - whether it goes direct to the internet or via the office. Try clearing this checkbox.

Many say that it is a security hole to have a window open to the 'net while also connected to your VPN as it provides a back door for nasties. I'll leave that for others to decide :-)

Hope this helps
David Pierson
Brisbane