[VPN] Neophite question

TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com
Sat Nov 15 08:36:04 EST 2003

What VPN client are you using?
What are your local DNS settings before/after your vpn connection?
Is your company utilizing Global VPNs?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian at Charter
To: vpn at lists.shmoo.com
Sent: 11/12/2003 2:38 PM
Subject: [VPN] Neophite question

To anyone willing to help!

I used to be able to use access my office computer network from home
through my ISP.  As I am sure you all know, the worms from earlier this
year caused many ISPs to block certain ports that now make access the
old way impossible.  So, I tried to set up a VPN access point.

After allowing IPSec and PPTP pass through on my home router, I am now
able to connect to my office desktop from home through VPN.  The problem
is, once I make this connection, my ability to get to the internet is
destroyed.  I can no longer surf the web, send emails, etc.  Although I
can ping my office machine, I can not get to any of my shares and I can
not ping any other machines at work.

I am running Windows 2000 on both machines.

I do not even know what other information would help to diagnose this
problem.  If you could please point me in the right direction, I would
really appreciate it.

Kindly,

Brian
 <<ATT00850.txt>>