[VPN] NetScreen 25: VPN Clients keep getting dropped.

Exo Wa exo_wa at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 18:53:55 EST 2003

Hi,

I have set up a Windows 2000 Server as a VPN Server
sitting behind a Netscreen 25. It's been working
fine...for a while. Currently, users keep complaining
that their connections get dropped frequently
eventhough they have no problem relogging back in.

But the annoying things for them is that it drops
almost every other hour.

Here's my topology just to give you a little idea:

Internet-->Cisco Router--->Netscreen25-->Dell
Switch--->VPN Server (on Windows 2000 Server).

In NetScreen Policy: I am using the following config:
Source Address: ANY
Destin.Address: MIP IP
Service: PPTP
Action: Permit

Again, it's been working but just lately a lot of
drops.

Thanks for any help or pointers at all.

Peace,

Exo