[VPN] VPN Netscreen 50 to Linksys BEFVP41

TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com
Wed May 21 19:27:56 EDT 2003

What Firmware version do you have on the BEFVP41?  1.40.x and later has an
advanced link on the VPN Screen.  On this screen you can choose main mode vs
aggressive mode, etc.  Just be wary...its not layed out well, for each VPN
entity there are advanced settings, the way things are lay'd out initially
it appears to global settings.

~Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Biser [mailto:thebum at earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 4:20 PM
To: vpn at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: [VPN] VPN Netscreen 50 to Linksys BEFVP41

I have several VPN tunnels currently setup between our office Netscreen 50
and remote Linksys BEFVP41 routers, both sides of the tunnel having static
IPs, and everything is great!  What I'm trying to do is reconfigure one of
the Linksys routers to a dynamic IP and still have the VPN tunnel to the
Netscreen.

So far I've been unsuccessful - Where I think I'm running into trouble is
with the Netscreen.  When reconfiguring this VPN tunnel, I changed the
option from "Static IP" to "Dynamic IP" which now requires me to put in a
"Peer ID".  From what I can tell, the Linksys doesn't have this Peer ID
field.

Any ideas?