[VPN] VPN Speed

John Lockett john at bvcolorado.com
Mon May 19 12:07:20 EDT 2003

I have set up a VPN between Denver, CO and Buena Vista, CO.  The Denver office
is connected to the net with a T-1, provided by Sprint.  I have a Cisco 1600 router
and a SonicWall Tele3 to connect and provide security and VPN services.  The
Buena Vista office is connected to the net with a 512kb Broadband Wireless link.  I
am using a SonicWall Tele3 to provide security and VPN services.  I have tested the
up and down speeds on the Buena Vista side and they range from 500kbps to
700kbps.  The Denver side is getting 1120 kbps average up and down speeds.  Yet
when I try to attack from the Denver site to the Buena Vista site, the connection
speed is slower than the original 56k direct connection.

I would appreciate any assistance.