[VPN] Checkpoint NG FP3 and Firewall Module

Dain . area_20 at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 10:34:08 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have recently installed a Checkpoint cluster and a Management machine
running NG FP3 but by accident installed the Firewall module onto the W2K
box as well as the management clients. We only noticed this when the
firewall wouldn't log to the admin box.
We have managed to stop the firewall process on the management PC and the
logging now works OK. The question is, is there any way of removing the
firewall component whilst just leaving the management clients, or do we need
to completely re-install the box ? If we can remove the process, how would
you recommend backing up the config ?

Thanks in advance for any light you could shed on this .....