[VPN] SonicWall - Passing DNS settings to VPN clients?

Dale Shaw DShaw at exceed.com.au
Thu May 8 20:17:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm struggling to work out how (if at all) I can automagically configure
a SonicWall VPN client with things like DNS and WINS settings (i.e.
pointing the client at a DNS server on the 'LAN' side of the SonicWall).
With Cisco's kit, the gateway pushes config through to the client. With
Microsoft's client, you have a 'connection' to configure specific
network settings on.

The SonicWall/SafeNet client doesn't talk about it and for the life of
me I can't find any reference to it in the web management interface. Am
I missing something obvious or do people just hard-code these settings
on the underlying connection profile (be it a modem dialup to an ISP, or
whatever).

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional on the client side and the latest
firmware on the SonicWall.

Cheers,
Dale