[VPN] End-to-end IPSEC check

TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com
Sun May 4 21:21:33 EDT 2003

I'm not sure if this affects Cisco to Cisco VPNs.  I know it greatly
affected Cisco to Symantec Enterprise Firewall VPNs on re-negotiation.  The
first IKE/IPSEC negotiation would go through fine.   ...subsequent
re-negotiations always failed.

<!--snip-->
HANDLE UNEXPECTED CISCO BUGS | Tom Lancaster

As fantastic as Cisco's IOS is, it's not completely bug-free. And
unfortunately, these bugs often occur in the most complicated configurations
like IPsec implementations.  One particularly annoying issue that plagues
several versions happens when IOS attempts to set up an encrypted tunnel,
but the tunnel fails.  At some point, the information in the router's memory
doesn't get cleared when it should
and this prevents the success of future attempts.  This can drive
technicians crazy, because the configuration was working in the past, and
suddenly seems not to be working.

Read the entire tip here:
http://www.searchNetworking.com/tip/1,289483,sid7_gci881071,00.html
<!--snip-->