Ang: [VPN] VPN and FW separated or integrated ?

hakan.palm at generic.se hakan.palm at generic.se
Mon Mar 31 17:37:01 EST 2003

The Cisco VPN 3000 is a nice box with funky lights? >)

Are the remote users going to connect via the Cisco
VPN-client, the Easy VPN-client or regular site to site
VPN?

The Cisco VPN 3000 is much easier to handle when
it comes to remote user access.
Especially if you are going to have lots of different
usergroups with different privileges and such stuff.
Also, if memory serves me right and things haven't
changed recently you have better control of the
built in personal firewall in the VPN-client from the
VPN 3000 box. You'd better checkt that out though
if it is important to you...

HTH

Regards,

/Palm