[VPN] Question for site to site VPN

Mike Hancock Mike.Hancock at sourcemed.net
Mon Mar 24 14:46:39 EST 2003

I have built VPNs with Cisco routers, VPN 3000, Checkpoint, Watchguard, Micro$soft, FreeSwan and Netscreen. NetScreen by far is the most flexible, quickest, easiest but the really cool thing is the Cisco Config Maker (free from Cisco) Just load the 2 endpoint configs into Config Maker and "Drop" a VPN between them: Bingo, Config Maker creates your crypto maps for both sides. I did a 9 point fully meshed VPN in about 40 min.!!!!

2.6.006 is the latest I think.

M2C/HTH

Mike