[VPN] (no subject)

Chad Osmond osmond at holburn.com
Wed Mar 19 09:05:18 EST 2003

Unless you have a specific QOS policy with your provider you may not be
able to rectify this problem.

We had a problem similar to this, our line speed would degrade after 5-6
hours to 56kb/s speeds. Reset the modem and it worked fine.

We are in Canada, so Bell Canada is responsible for the DSL Lines, we
had a few tech's come in and check the lines - everything was fine.

We ended up canceling our service and going with a 3rd party provider.
When the bell technician came to install we told him of the problems we
were having and had him find a really clean pair of wires coming into
the building and hook those up for us.

We ended up getting about 3.75Mb/s. With no problems.

Good luck, I would try to get a different line pair used.

Chad