[VPN] PIX VPN - Local LAN Access

Dana J. Dawson djdawso at qwest.com
Fri Mar 14 11:21:54 EST 2003

I'd be inclined to try this, assuming the local LAN is 192.168.1.0/24:

   access-list SPLIT deny   ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 any
   access-list SPLIT permit ip any any

   vpngroup MYGROUP split-tunnel SPLIT

Since the access-list defines just the networks that will use the
tunnel, I'd expect that denying only the local subnet and permitting
everything else would do what you want.  This will also cause
Internet-bound traffic to be needlessly encrypted, since the PIX won't
send it back out it's outside interface, but maybe you can live with
that.  If this doesn't work, then I think you're out of options (aside
from deploying a 3000 concentrator instead, obviously).

Good luck!

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                     djdawso at qwest.com
Senior Staff Engineer              CCIE #1937
Qwest Communications               (612) 664-3364
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S        (612) 664-4779 (FAX)
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."