Ang: [VPN] Nokia Crypto Cluster 500 VPN appliance

hakan.palm at generic.se hakan.palm at generic.se
Mon Mar 10 03:30:29 EST 2003

The Nokia CryptoCluster line was discontinued around the end of 2001, if memory serves me right for a change...
It was a really nice VPN appliance originating from Network Alchemy that Nokia bought a couple of years ago.
The failover time for example was really wicked. As far as I know a company whose firewall and VPN software
is used on Nokia's IPSO-platform wasn't entirely happy with the competition so they basically strongarmed
Nokia to kill the Crypto Cluster line otherwise they would not be able to continue sell the IPSO-platform with the
other companys firewall and VPN software... Take the story with a truckload of salt if you feel like it...

regards,

/Palm

	jennifer at clearpoint-technology.com
2003-03-07 16:36