Ang: [VPN] Re: PIX VPN - Local LAN Access

hakan.palm at generic.se hakan.palm at generic.se
Mon Mar 10 03:19:18 EST 2003

John,

have you had a look at the vpngroup split-tunnel command?
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/tz.htm#1
048524

Also while you're at it have a look at
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_62/config/bas
clnt.htm#1006517

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Palm

	pager at adacel.com.au
2003-03-07 16:42

	Till:	vpn at lists.shmoo.com @ INTERNET
	Kopia:	(Blank: Hakan Palm/Generic)
	Ärende:	[VPN] Re: PIX VPN - Local LAN Access

Hi Folks,
           I have implemented a Remote Access VPN using a PIX and the Cisco
VPN Client 3.6.  The only problem I am having is that users can't see their
local LAN while connected to the VPN.  I know the setting on the client
needs to be enabled, which I have done but still nothing.  From Cisco's
limited documentation it appears as though something needs to be configured
on the PIX as well.  The only reference to this in Cisco documentation is
regarding the VPN Concentrator and explains how to do it using the GUI Tools
of the Concentrator.  The only problem is that I don't know how to do it
using the command line on the PIX.

As the VPN is in production, I don't want to mess too much with it so this
is why I am looking for anyone who has done this to point me in the right
direction.  Is 'Allowing Local LAN Access' the same as split tunnelling.  If
it is, then can I allow using an ACL and deny statements.  The documentation
says that you should put access-list permits for networks that should have
encrypted traffic sent to them, but then all other traffic may flow
unencrypted, which is against company policy.  If I put specific deny
statements then can I allow unencrypted traffic ONLY to a specific network?
If anyone could shed some light on this issue I would be very appreciative.

Thanks.

John Spanos.