[VPN] F-Secure VPN+?

Ames, Neil NAmes at anteon.com
Fri Jun 27 10:30:32 EDT 2003

	I am looking for a VPN solution for remote headless (no user interface) systems.  I have tried several SSH clients in tunnel mode and have been satisfied to a point, but I really want something that runs as a service (Win2K or XP), or at least an app that has built-in connection monitoring and repair capabilities.  (I can script something to monitor for failed connections and re-establish failed links, but that seems to be setting myself up for a configuration management headache that I would rather avoid.)  I like the F-Secure SSH client the best, so far, and have seen a little bit of information about their VPN+ product--so I am curious about that one if anyone has experience with it (and their support)--but anything that allows SSH or SSL VPN (preferably in software, instead of an appliance) should work for me.  Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Fritz

Neil F. "Fritz" Ames
Sr. Computer Systems Analyst