[VPN] IPSec Tunnel Recovery

Siddhartha Jain losttoy2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 02:09:20 EDT 2003

Clustered VPN gateways with shared state table for
IPSec failover??

Like this:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide09186a0080116d4c.html#wp1076166

 --- "Zimmerman, Mark" <mzimmerman at icsalabs.com>
wrote: > I know there are no rigid standards yet for
IPSec
> VPN Tunnel recovery
> between static gateways,
> but what are people using?
>
> I know of some functionalities that features a
> "Nailup" option that will
> automatically
> re-initiate a tunnel  to a configured peer in the
> event of a crash.
>
> Others use "keepalive" messages..etc...
>
> I'm very interested in what people are using, what
> issues they are having,
> what they
> would like to see in the future.
>
> Regards,
>

> 	Mark Zimmerman
> 	Program Manager
> 	ICSA Labs
> 	1000 Bent Creek Blvd, Suite 200
> 	Mechanicsburg PA 17050
> 	Phone: 717.790.8144
> 	Fax: 717.790.8170
> 	mzimmerman at icsalabs.com
> <mailto:mzimmerman at icsalabs.com>
> 	www.icsalabs.com

<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/icsa0471.ICSA01/Application%20Data/Mi