[VPN] Re: shmoo mailing list membership reminder...

Dana J. Dawson djdawso at qwest.com
Tue Jul 1 12:19:20 EDT 2003

Hi!

I just got what appears to be an automated reminder about my shmoo.com mailing
list memberships and it included a clear text copy of my password.  Am I the
only one who thinks this is a really bad idea?  I intentionally don't use any
passwords I consider secure for such things, but even so, any process that
involves a password should respect the privacy of those passwords.  I sent a
message to the "mailman-owner at lists.shmoo.com" address included in the mail
about this, but I thought I'd bring it up here, too, in case others we not aware
of this situation and wanted to contact shmoo.com on their own.

Thanks!

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                     djdawso at qwest.com
Senior Staff Engineer              CCIE #1937
Qwest Communications               (612) 664-3364
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S        (612) 664-4779 (FAX)
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."