[VPN] Logging on to an NT domain via PIX-to-PIX VPN

Russell Sakne russak at bps.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 11:19:22 EST 2003

Hi

I skimmed the last year's archinve and didn't spot anything too relevant
to my problem.

We have two LANs which are connected to each other across the Internet by
an IPSec tunnel between two Cisco PIX firewalls.

One end (London) is currently a small NT workgroup.

The other end is our main office (Leicester) with an NT domain complete
with PDC and BDC.

As it is, TCPIP traffic passes merrily between the networks and
Leicester's NT servers can be logged on to if we specify their IP
addresses (either in the DNS or via a Hosts file), but there's no
domain-level authentication of the London users and machines so each new
server connected to requires a password.

I would like the machines and users at London to become members of our NT
domain and log on to that domain ab initio (at the Ctrl-Alt-Del login
prompt). Is this feasible through the VPN tunnel we've got set up? What do
I need to configure (LMHosts?)

Hope you can help

Russell Sakne

This email and any attachments are meant only for the person or entity
intended. If you have received it in error please notify the sender and
delete.
Any information expressed is not necessarily the position of the Society.