[VPN] Re: Allocating individual IP Addresses to VPN Clients using PIX and RADIUS?

John Spanos john.spanos at adacel.com
Tue Jan 7 01:40:00 EST 2003

Hi All,
       Just a quick question for people with Cisco PIX experience.  I am
currently using RADIUS to authenticate and authorise (using downloadable
ACLS) Remote VPN Clients.  What I want to be able to do is store each
individual clients allocated VPN address in RADIUS and have the PIX dish it
out it when each user is authenticated as opposed to the current way I do it
by allocating a pool to each vpngroup and have the PIX allocate from a pool
which is dynamic.  I am assuming I'd use some RADIUS attribute like
"Framed-IP-Address" to store the address.

Has anybody done this or do they know it can be done for sure.  I don't want
detailed configs or anything like that.  Just an indication that it can
be/has been done and a couple of lines on how to go about it.  I can then
investigate further myself.

Thanks for any replies.

John Spanos.