[VPN] Fw: VPN

Jake jaykup at punkass.com
Thu Feb 27 16:09:31 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tina Bird" <tbird at precision-guesswork.com>
To: "Jake" <jaykup at punkass.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: VPN

pls send to vpn at lists.shmoo.com

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Jake wrote:

>     Hi.  I was wondering if you could help me set up a VPN to a few other
computers in my area.  We have a game that we play a lot, but it only works
on a LAN.  I was wondering if there was a way to connect a few computers to
mine (windows 2000 pro) and letting us all play on a lan, when we would
really be on the internet.  I went into the dial-up networking properties
and set up an incoming connection for a VPN and had some one set it up
pretty much the same way, connected to me using the VPN but they lost all
internet and wasn't able to share files, like a normal lan would be able to.
I was wondering if there was a way I can get that to work, so we could play
the LAN part of the game, but like I said, over the internet.  Also, how
could I get multiple people to connect to me?  Just copy and paste the
connection a few times??  It doesn't matter too much to me if they have
internet, as long as they are recognized as being on the lan.  If you could
offer any help, that would be great.  Thank you.

> - Jake -

---