[VPN] Samba with PPTP

Travis Watson rtwatson13 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 21:16:30 EST 2003

Ivan,

Either the FreeBSD box (nice choice, by the way)  is
not properly entered into your internal DNS records or
you are not receiving proper DNS settings when you
authenticate with your client.

As a test, either edit your DNS server IPs on your
client computer or put the freebsd host ip in your
lmhosts file.  My guess is that you will find your
samba share very quickly if/when you do.  If so, think
about either editing your internal DNS and/or tweaking
you VPN server.

Good luck,

Travis