[VPN] Completely transparent VPN between NATed sites

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Mon Aug 18 11:27:22 EDT 2003

Almost and IPsec device can do it. We've used both SonicWall and Nokia/Checkpoint devices.

All we did was set up a security association for the remote private network, using its public address as the Ipsec gateway. We did the same thing on the other device, and both talk to each other just fine. Basically, the gateway address doesn't have to bear any relationship to the network in an SA.