[VPN] VPN IPSEC connection successful, but can't browse

George Lavrov glavrov at mail.com
Sat Aug 2 20:40:43 EDT 2003

Hello fellows,

I would greatly appreciate any help with the problem I am having:

I have a home pc which connects via Netscreen-Remote VPN software client to
my work. When my PC connected directly to ADSL modem and utilizes WAN IP
address, I connect without any problem. However since I installed Linksys
BEFSX41 router/firewall and assigned to my PC private ip, I can ping ip
addresses of PCs at work, but can't see them, map drives or (most important)
initiated terminal sessions.
When I initiate terminal session, I don't get a connection error right away,
instead remote server will present me with a terminal screen, but it will be
black, and only then I will get error: "the connection to the remote
computer was broken..."
I follow instructions from Linksys site and enabled port triggering on the
router (50-50 ->incoming-> 500-500), but no luck. Could it be a bad hardware
or anything else I could try, since Linksys tech support is totally
clueless.

I am running WindowsXP and connecting to Win2000 servers through Netscreen
5xp VPN:

WINXP with Netscreen-Remote --> Linksys BEFSX41 --> 		Netscreen
5xp VPN -->	WIN2K Server
172.16.1.100   			  172.16.1.1 - 64.x.x.x		64.x.x.x
192.168.1.200

Thanks a lot in advance.

Gueorgui
glavrov at mail.com