[VPN] Tunnel: Netscreen 25===>LinkSys VPN BEFVP41

Exo Wa exo_wa at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 12:25:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

I trying to setup the Tunnel environment such that
users on the Linksys side would be able to login to
the domain in the Netscreen side.

I have successfully created the tunnel. Both ends use
des/md5 for both phase 1 and phase 2. Users on Linksys
can ping, can map drives by IP and/or even by names.
Users on Linksys can even join the domain on the
Netscreen side. This is glorious. IT's working.

HOWEVER, when users on Linksys side tried to logon to
the domain. It takes forever. For the sake of testing,
I let one user on the Linksys to keep on trying to
connect. Finally, it did but took about 45 minutes.
Also, once logged in, that users couldn't see any
workstations on that particular domain.

Here's my setup:
Users behind Netscreen are NATted.
192.168.5.0

Users behind Linksys VPN Befvp41 are NATted:
192.168.1.0

Question:
The fact that the Tunnel is connected, and user able
to join the domain. Why does it take sooooo long?
I have a dsl connection with 1.5/265 down/up
respectively.

Why can't users on the Linksys side see computers on
the Netscreen side (vice versa) in the Network
Neighborhood?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

-Exo