[VPN] SSL VPN

Alex Pankratov alex at cipherica.com
Mon Apr 28 22:58:54 EDT 2003

Vincent,

coincidentally I was looking at securing TS traffic just last week, so
as an alternative you may want to look at MS own article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315055,

"HOW TO: Use IPSec Policy to Secure Terminal Services Communications in
Windows 2000".

This is not much, it does not talk on how to setup authentication or
about NAT traversal, etc, etc.

Amongst SSL-based solutions, http://stunnel.org is the first thing that
comes to mind. I dont see any reason why it should not work, so I'd try
it first.

On the more general topic, I recently wrote a small article about very
simple aspect of TCP-based VPNs, which can seriously undermine
robustness of the former. The issue worths considering depending on your
deployment scenario.

http://www.cipherica.com/papers/tcp-vpn-dos.pdf

cheers,
alex.