[VPN] VPN using Netscreen 5xp

Watson, Travis Travis.Watson at Honeywell.com
Mon Sep 30 13:37:56 EDT 2002

I'm a little confused, Chad.  You mention setting up a b2b but you
reference client software as well.  And, your remote (which I presume
is work) is the end with a dynamic IP address?  It seems like I'm
missing something.

The endpoint IP is usually included as part of the SA, but you can go
around that if you use certificates for authentication.  I don't know
how sophisticated the distant end device is, but the Netscreen can
handle it--if you can get your hands on a couple of certs and
convince the distant end to use it, which might be a non-starter.

Also, Netscreen has their own client software (Netscreen-Remote)
which sells for a dollar a seat, I'm pretty sure.  Their client
software used to be pretty bad, truthfully, but this new stuff is
supposed to be excellent.  You may well want to give that a go.

Let me know what I'm missing though--I know I'm not understanding it
fully.

Thanks,

Travis