[VPN] Nokia Crypto Cluster and Cisco Concentrator

Joel M Snyder Joel.Snyder at Opus1.COM
Tue Sep 24 13:02:20 EDT 2002

>I know the Crypto Clusters aren't being made anymore but has anyone set up
>a getway-to-gateway VPN between these two boxes.

Actually, I think that they are still making them at least to the end of the
year.

Anyway, yes, that's pretty darn simple, although Cisco makes 4 different VPN
boxes: which one are you looking at, in particular?  Cisco is unique in that
you can actually do authentication with PSS, encrypted nonces, and certificates
against the Cryptocluster.  I've also built VPNs with the Altiga (Cisco 3000)
boxes as well; they're not very good at site-to-site, but if you have one, it
can be done.

jms

Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Phone: +1 520 324 0494 x101 (v) +1 520 324 0495 (FAX)
jms at Opus1.COM    http://www.opus1.com/jms    Opus One