[VPN] VSU-2000

Lebowitsch, Jonathan JLebowitsch at imperito.com
Thu Sep 12 20:59:41 EDT 2002

I noticed that Checkpoint has an annoying tendency (i.e. bug) to "take over"
the ike sessions that VPN clients try to initiate behind them. If you sniff
you'll see the checkpoint itself sending IKE packets to your VPN server.
I've seen that happen with 2 different IPSec clients, regardless of the
clients' original source port.

Even NG does it, but unlike 4.x, at least it lets returning packets go
through it to the client so the tunnels do get established.

Perhaps creating a static NAT for the client may solve your problem, but I
doubt it.

Yoni