[VPN] CryptoCluster Issues

szii at sziisoft.com szii at sziisoft.com
Fri Oct 25 15:58:26 EDT 2002

I know it's ancient, but it's what I have to work with

1 Alchemy CryptoCluster with no PCMCIA cards (both slots open),
   no documentation, no contact information, nada.  Nokia is not being
   helpfull either since they're discontinued the line.

Bah.

Does anyone have ANY information on this thing?  I cannot find
documentation of any kind on the 'net and cannot even find manuals
available on eBay.

Major Questions:
1)  What filesystem/manufacturer do the cards need to be?  Flash memory
      or PCMCIA harddrives?
2)  Does the system simply boot from pcmcia and run whatever OS it finds,
     or is the PCMCIA simply for storing configuration data?

Right now I cannot get past "recovery mode" because the darn thing won't
recognize anything I try for flash cards.

Ideas?  Anyone know of a non-Google'd quickstart guide?  Tips and Tricks?
Anyone with manuals/flashcards for sale?  I've been playing with this thing
for almost a week now, between research and shotgunning different things.
I'm now trying formatting the PCMCIA card in other machines under different
filesystems just to try and get SOMETHING to work.

Thanks!

-Mike