[VPN] Wireless Question

Eirik Schwenke schwenke-vpn-list at orakel.ntnu.no
Sat Oct 19 23:40:19 EDT 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Brian Wotring wrote:

> The 3.6.1 client will not work with wireless, you must use the latest
> 3.6 release (3.6.2a).

What leads you to this conclusion ? I have used the 3.6.1 client with a
laptop running debian and 802.11b (I don't have more detailed information on
network-card manufacturer etc, but I can get them if there is an
intrest).

I would recommend using the latest version anyway -- I'm just curious.

> What is the interface name for your wireless card?  If it is in the
> wlanX form, the latest client will not work.  Your best bet is to
> modify the driver source as mentioned earlier on this list.

Specifically, if the interface is anything other than eth-something
or ppp-something the client will refuse touching it. Look for the
textstring in interceptor.c.

Regards,

--
Eirik Schwenke

Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny