[VPN] Cisco IPSec VPN client through NAT/PAT

Jerry Kemp vpn at twlight.net
Mon Oct 14 12:08:56 EDT 2002

I picked up a Cisco PIX 501 to play with as a learning tool for VPN
stuff.  Currently, I have it up and operational using the Cisco 3.6.x
easyVPN client using public ip (client ip) to Cisco PIX (public ip).
The PIX is running 6.2(2).  Also, I do not have the 3des license, only
des.

When the Cisco VPN client is coming from behind a NAT/PAT source, I can
connect to the PIX (still public ip), but no traffic ever makes it back
to me.  I have determined this via the stats in the VPN client.

Can anyone point me to URL where I can RTFM on Cisco PIX VPN's and
NAT/PAT?  I have spent more time than I care to admin on CCO searching
for something like this.

Thanks,

Jerry