[VPN] (no subject)

Brent daedalus991 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 13:58:46 EST 2002

Ladies and Gents:

I need to connect two Netopia R7200-T routers to
create a VPN between them - I have NAT installed on
one end and will probably do so on the other end as
well. The routers are my firewall and so I would like
to use port mapping to retain as much security as
possible for my network - I have no plans to install a
software firewall behind the router. I also have
remote-laptop users that I need to connect to our
Novell network as well through the VPN. My questions
are
these:

1) What's a good client for this purpose?

2) Is the VPN server usually the same as the network
server into which the user logs in to access the
network?

3) How many ports does a VPN client require?

4) Is NAT a big obstacle to VPN?

Thank you.