[VPN] debug string of isakmp

Engelhard M. Labiro engelhard at netmarks.co.jp
Wed Nov 6 02:46:37 EST 2002

Hi Alberto,

From the following line :

> ISAKMP: unsupported proxy id type IPV4_ADDR_RANGE

Seems like the other end of PIX501 is trying to negotiate a Phase2 SA
with a network using an IP address range. "IP Addr range" means a range
of IP addressess, something like this one: "10.1.1.1 to 10.1.1.11" .
It doesn`t use VSLM to subnet the network. As long as I know,
to negotiate a Phase 2, one can use " a host" , "a network" or "an IP
address range". I think the PIX doesn`t support "an IP address range"
yet, thats why it couldn`t match the proposal that the other end
offered. You may check the other end of VPN device and try change to
a VLSM subnetted network instead.
Someone should correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Engel.