[vpn] Radius Server for VPN

geoff.gottlieb at amsouth.com geoff.gottlieb at amsouth.com
Thu May 30 18:31:40 EDT 2002

We have 3060 Concentrators, and Cisco Secure ACS. I like it, although Steel
Belted seemed very cool in the trial run. They wanted to go all Cisco here,
and it's not a bad product. It's easy to set up for NT, SecurID, LDAP or
whatever.

Geoff Gottlieb
AmSouth Bank
Remote Access Analyst
Information Security Operations - RCS1
geoff.gottlieb at amsouth.com
(205) 560-5902

                    John Starta
                    <john.starta at triples        To:     JHouse at vloc.com
                    ticks.com>                  cc:     vpn at securityfocus.com
                                                Subject:     Re: [vpn] Radius Server for VPN
                    05/30/02 07:41 AM

At 03:06 PM 5/28/02 -0400, JHouse at vloc.com wrote:
>Hello,
>   I would like to acquire Radius Software to run on a W2K or NT4.0
machine
>for authentication to the domain for VPN Clients. Is anyone using this and
>is setup a big deal ?
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  JH

You didn't indicate what VPN device you're using, but assume it can handle
RADIUS authentication. Steel Belted Radius[1] meets your criteria and works

extremely well. We use it with both our Nortel and Cisco VPN devices.

jas

[1] http://www.funk.com/radius/default.asp