[vpn] VPN and backup access

Stephen Hope Stephen.Hope at energis.com
Mon May 27 12:31:29 EDT 2002

Franco,

Since the whole point of backup is that it works when the main link doesn't
- why dial the Internet at all?

Just dial straight to a backup ISDN router at a main site - that way you can
use conventional private network ISDN security such as CHAP, and your ISDN
routers can sit on the private network.

If you have the right tools such as VRRP or a routing protocol, this will
protect you against Internet failure, access line and Netscreen.

Regards

Stephen