[vpn] VPN for Macs

Robert Smith bob at earworks.com
Tue May 14 14:12:29 EDT 2002

Dear List:

The setup:

SDSL, Sonicwall SOHO 50 (no VPN upgrade..yet), Lucent router, Asante
10/100 switch, 3 hubs, 20 various Macs.

The challenge:  I have a remote user who currently connects to our
ASIP server via a 56K modem, which is painfully slow.  I would like
to set the remote user up w/ DSL so they can access the office
network via VPN.  I understand that I need a VPN capable device on
both ends of the chain.  Research so far finds that a Sonicwall Tele3
would be good for the remote user and a VPN upgrade at the office
SOHO50.  Does anyone have any Mac experience similar to mine and can
shed some light on this scenario?

Any help appreciated.
--
-----