[vpn] Fw: troublesome vpn and amateur techie

Daltuhn Daltuhn at cox.net
Sat Mar 30 23:20:19 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tina Bird" <tbird at precision-guesswork.com>
To: "Daltuhn" <Daltuhn at cox.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: troublesome vpn and amateur techie

> pls send to vpn at securityfocus.com
>
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Daltuhn wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for taking time to read this.  I hope you might have an article
to send in response.  I have a computer running Win2K Advanced Server.  My
server has two NIC's.  One NIC is connected directly to a cable modem.  This
is my COX internet connection.  I wish to utilize a hub and the second NIC
to create a VPN between this computer and a Win98 computer in a remote
location.  The Win98 computer has two NIC's.  ONe of the NIC's is also
connected to cable modem using COX internet services.  Idealy, each location
could access the other and run applications off of the other in a secure
manner.  Also, the second NIC should retain its internet configurations and
be able to access the internet.  So, each end has 1 computer, 1 hub, 1 cable
modem, and 2 NIC's.  Is my VPN/internet scheme possible/difficult?  If so ,
HOW?  Again, thanks for nay response.  But please make sure nay how-to is a
concise walk through so i do not have to ever bug you again.