[vpn] Cisco 3000/Checkpoint FW-1 renegotiation

Sean McCreanor Sean.McCreanor at didata.com.au
Wed Mar 13 18:43:09 EST 2002

Peter,
I have had this problem but in the exact reverse, i.e. when the tunnel
is disrupted at the Cisco end, the Firewall-1 gateway will not accept
new IPSec SA requests until the existing SA's in the firewall kernel
expired. (from memory this was a 4.1 firewall with SP 3).

I had to manually flush the tables from the firewall kernel before the
tunnel would re-establish with these commands:

fw tab -t IKE_SA_table -x
fw tab -t ISAKMP_ESP_table -x
fw tab -t inbound_SPI ?x

I am unsure if this issue has been fixed in a later 4.1 SP or in NG.
It may not fix your problem, but I hope it may be of some insight.
Regards, Sean.

--
Sean McCreanor
Security Engineer

- NOTICE -
This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.  Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.

Dimension Data Australia Pty Limited was formerly known as Com Tech Communications Pty Ltd