[vpn] RE: VPN and Browsing At The Same Time

Eddie Harrison eddie at ualp.com
Fri Mar 8 10:52:18 EST 2002

Thanks to all who replied, the problem is now fixed and I can browse the internet as well as use my VPN, simultaneously.  It was a rather simple fix (if you happened to know what to do.) After a couple of suggestions, I unchecked the "use remote gateway" box in the VPN settings and WALLAH!! I now can do both at the same time.  It seems that the VPN was using my company's gateway which happened to be blocked and once the box is unchecked, the ISP's gateway is used.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions.