[vpn] Alternative Ports

Patrick.Bryan at abbott.com Patrick.Bryan at abbott.com
Fri Mar 8 11:06:32 EST 2002

I am not sure if you can use something other than TCP1723 for PPTP, however,
47 is not a port, it is an IP protocol number. That you will have to use to
implement PPTP....

Patrick A. Bryan, CISSP
Abbott Laboratories, Worldwide Network Services
Dept 0070 Bldg. AP14B
(p) (847) / 935 - 9226
(e) patrick.bryan at abbott.com

                    michael.johnson at per
                    egrine.com                 To:     vpn at securityfocus.com
                                               cc:
                    03/05/2002 07:01 PM        Subject:     [vpn] Alternative Ports

Is there a way to use alternative ports besides the 47 & 1723?  We are
trying to VPN to an outside server from within a corporate firewall.

Any thoughts or advice?

Sincerely,

Mike Johnson