[vpn] Win XP ICS and VPN: give up, so how do I choose a router?

Brian Bender bbender at vocollect.com
Mon Mar 4 10:34:10 EST 2002

Sorry, missed the original thread, but a possible suggestion (apologies
if redundant):

The default for MS VPN connections is to _not_ "split-tunnel" (gosh, a
reasonable default network setting from Redmond?! <g>), which makes the
VPN connection the default route. This might be why your ICS-ing of the
underlying connection is tanking on you; the routing tables are getting
changed on you?

To verify, dig into the advanced settings of your VPN settings and
uncheck the box that says something like "use as default gateway/route"
or something like that.

HTH,

 - Brian