[vpn] limiting access to specified ports on PIX firewall

Dana J. Dawson djdawso at qwest.com
Thu Jun 27 17:52:46 EDT 2002

There's another approach you can take.  All the sample VPN configs show the
"sysopt connection permit-ipsec" command as part of the config.  It's this
command that allows all the IPSec and client VPN traffic to bypass the usual PIX
filtering, but you don't have to use it.  If you leave that "sysopt" command
out, then you can use an access-list to allow different client address pools to
access different local addresses.  You also have to specifically allow the IPSec
traffic into the PIX itself (UDP/500 and IP/50), but that's not too hard.

I hope this helps.

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                     djdawso at qwest.com
Senior Staff Engineer              CCIE #1937
Qwest Global Services              (612) 664-3364
Qwest Communications               (612) 664-4779 (FAX)
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."