[vpn] wep

Pete Jacob pjacob at ftmc.com
Mon Jun 3 12:28:42 EDT 2002

Hello~
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good solution to help my problem...
I have an external wireless connection to an office across the street using
a Breeze com 802.11B
technology... but the equipment will only use a 40bit WEP key.
I would like to accomplish the following:
1. treat both sites as a different broadcast domains
2. have some sort of magical box that will provide some sort of magical
vpn/3des encryption, and have two ether net ports
in it, one to connect to the network another to connect to the wireless
network, then back at the remote site it
would do the same...

I was thinking that Cisco probably makes what I need but since I am only a
lowly ccna it might be
to difficult to configure, and too costly.
I also think I should be able to do this with a pee cea, and two nics...
but this sounds like a bad idea.

Thanks~
Pete.