[vpn] Seeking low cost hardware VPN solutions

Kent Dallas kent at dalliesin.com
Wed Jul 10 15:36:51 EDT 2002

Daniel,

Just curious, why "hardware" VPN solutions?

Most folks tend toward hardware solutions for scalability, which doesn't
sound like a real concern for you.  "Inexpensive" is more often associated
with software VPNs.

It sounds like you have a need for site-to-site VPN, but not much need for
remote access, is that correct?

I'm just wondering if you are unnecessarily limiting your solution set with
an artificial restriction.

Kent Dallas

PS - And if it must be hardware, I like the Netscreen boxes as well.