[vpn] Poptop Linux vpn setup (routing?)

James Tapping jtapping at claranet.fr
Tue Jan 29 15:55:10 EST 2002

Hello,

I am trying to setup a simple VPN setup using poptop on a linux box(called
Gateway) behind an ADSL connection (using pptp), I have a local network on
10.0.0.0/24 and this is obviously the network that I would like a roaming
person to be able
to connect to.
I have tried connections from a windows box and another linux box, both
connect fine.  The (other) linux box (for example) gets given the ip
10.0.0.116 (gateway takes 10.0.0.100), from (other) linux box I can ping
gateway via 10.0.0.100, but I
can't ping another machine on the 10.0.0.0/24 network... The whole point is
obviously to give access to the internal network.
If  I add a static route for eg 10.0.0.2 (on the box connecting to the vpn)
saying go out via the ppp interface, the packet arrives
at the gateway machine but dosn't reach th 10.0.0.2

I remember doing this a while ago on a freebsd with a cable connection and I
didn' t have any problem.
Anybody see what I am missing?

Any help apreciated

James