[vpn] Authenticating VPN Client 3.0 to PIX (sans TACACS+, sans Radius, sans CA)

Chris_Barker at westlb-systems.co.jp Chris_Barker at westlb-systems.co.jp
Fri Feb 15 01:44:36 EST 2002

The PIX does not have any kind of local user database so you need either a
Radius/TACACS+ or CA as a way to identify your users unless you have fixed
source IP addresses and use pre-shared secrets. Kind of throwing away your
security, but that is a different matter.  Personally I use Radius to identify
users to an ACE/Server to identify my users and certificates to identify my
machines.

Chris Barker
APAC Regional IT Security Officer
WestLB Systems Tokyo Branch

|---------->
|          |
|---------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |the_martyr at hushmail.com                                             |
  |02/15/02 11:06 AM                                                   |