[vpn] RV: VPN

Sandy Harris sandy at storm.ca
Tue Feb 12 21:44:31 EST 2002

Leandro Tenaglia wrote:

> > I'm doing my final tesis about vpn and i wonder if you know some web
> > sites or books about that issue.
> > To be more specific my thesis topic is a comparative report between
> > linux vpn and windows nt vpn.

The docs for FreeS/WAN, the Linux IPsec implementation, are all online.
http://www.freeswan.org/doc.html
FreeS/WAN 1.95 was released last week. Its docs should reach the site
soon, but aren't there yet.

For some papers crtitical of Microsoft's older software, PPTP, look in
the "Counterpane Labs" section of www.counterpane.com. More recent MS
products (2000 and XP) use IPsec and L2TP, but if you're looking at NT,
then you should definitely read those papers.