[vpn] RE: VPN IPSEC Client for Windows -XP

Goldsmith, Eric EGoldsmith at SmartPipes.com
Fri Feb 1 13:27:26 EST 2002

If the Nokia supports L2TP/IPSec (as opposed to IPSec Tunnel Mode), then the
XP VPN client should work just fine.

While the XP VPN client will support split-stack, that is not the default
behavior - it sends all traffic through the tunnel by default. This is
configured by the "Use default gateway on remote network" checkbox on the
advanced TCP/IP settings for the connectoid.

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Mats Akerberg [mailto:mats at decus.se]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:55 AM
To: vpn at securityfocus.com
Subject: VPN IPSEC Client for Windows -XP

Hi!

I have a Nokia CC250 and I'm looking for a Windows-XP IPSEC client that will
work with the Nokia. And the client shouldn't run "split tunnel" like
microsofts own :-) I don't like "split tunnel" for home user.

I did try the FW-1 client, and the Cisco but couldn't get tho work.

           Cheer's
                /Mats

             Mats Akerberg (mats at decus.se)
               http://www.decus.se/~mats
 PGP fingerprint 39 74 49 B0 40 0F 16 CA  C1 EE AA 08 55 76 CE 6F